Saturday, September 6, 2008

Soft Boiled Egg on Toast

I learned how to make soft boiled egg on toast when I was in high school from my brother-in-law, Bob. Here's how he taught me.
Boil enough water to cover egg.
After it begins to boil put egg in.
Let the water come to a boil again and then set timer for 4 minutes.
Make toast.
When timer dings run cold water over the egg to stop the cooking and cool it enough to handle. Strike the egg with the edge of a knife to break it,
Scoop out the egg on the toast. Sprinkle on salt & pepper. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Journey said...

I think it is an old german thing but momma used to boil eggs, fix a white gravy- chop the eggs in there and serve over toast. It was very good.
I am going to try your cumber salad sounds good. Linda-friend of coffee tea books and me
http://www.ebelcousins.blogspot.com