Saturday, September 6, 2008

Home, Home Made Apple Pie!

This is the favorite dessert of Jerry and all of my children! They named it home, home made to stress to friends that it wasn't just home made, it was home, home made!

8 apples I use Macintosh but other kind are good too.
3/4 to 1 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg (optional)

Topping
1/2 c brown sugar (packed)
1/2 c butter (oleo)
1 c flour

Peel, core, and slice apples to make 8 c.
mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and add to apples.
Put into pie crust. My pies are always heaping up with apples because they tend to shrink. I like my pies full and high.

Topping
Cut the butter into the flour and brown sugar (like you would pie crust)
Cover the pie with this crumb topping.

Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then at 375 for 50 minutes or until juice is blubbly and top is golden brown.

No comments: