Monday, September 15, 2008

Chili

One cool morning last week Jerry and I made a crock pot of chili. We always make it together and that makes it taste even better! With just the two of us it lasts several days. We each had a soup mug of it for lunch today and it was so good I decided I need to add this to my favorite recipes!

Chili

1 lb ground beef (I use ground round)
1 large onion, chopped
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large can Brooks hot chili beans
Chili powder to taste.
Salt & pepper to taste.

Fry the ground beef and onion together and drain any grease.
Put all ingredients into crock pot.
Let it simmer all day.
It is sooooo good!

1 comment:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Your chili sounds yummy! Don't you just love cool weather and good soups and chili? I enjoy eating things again and again when they are delicious. Especially dishes like chili and lasagna and spaghetti that seem to get better and better. Chili is a happy food to me!