Sunday, February 15, 2009

Roast Beef

This is one of the easiest meals to fix and yet it's a dinner when it's done! I've been sick all week but still had company for the weekend, I needed to fix an easy but good meal to come home from church to. This was it. Try it...you'll like it!

1 pot roasting beef
Several carrots
2 whole small onions
6 sm red potatoes

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
I spray Pam over the bottom of my roasting pan.
Brown roast on both sides.
Add water almost to the top of roast.
Peal and add carrots.
Peal onions and add with carrots.
Wash potatoes and add with the rest.
Cover roasting pan with a tight lid.
Place in oven. It needs to be in the oven for 2-3 hours, depending on size of roast. Sometimes I turn the oven down to 250/275.
Go to church and come home to a wonderful aroma the minute you drive into the garage!
Dinner is ready!

2 comments:

Pam and Gene said...

One of my favorite meals!

nanatrish said...

Anita, this sounds sound scrumptous. I'll bet it does smell wonderful walking in from church with this great aroma. I love doing crock pot meals. I have missed your posts.